Many people ask “What is an ITIN Number?”
Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing nine digit number number issued by the IRS. There are many reasons you may need an ITIN. Ajax Accounting Services can help clients in obtaining an Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN).
Some of the most common reason are:
• You own a U.S. rental property
• You sold U.S. real estate
• You had gambling winnings
• You are the spouse or dependent of someone who files a US tax return
• You are receiving a royalty or pension income which is entitled to tax treaty benefits
• You have a U.S. income tax filing requirement
• The ITIN application is for an individual who needs a US tax identification number but are not eligible for a Social Security Number (“SSN”).
Persons eligible for a SSN are; US citizens, lawful permanent resident, or individuals with a valid work permit. If you are eligible for a SSN, you do not need to apply for a ITIN.